It is the responsibility of this team to maintain the building and grounds. To do this takes a lot of volunteer coordination between the Building and Grounds (B & G) Team, church administrator and staff, and the congregation.
The Building and Grounds Team meets bi-monthly on the second Tuesday at 7:00 PM (December and summer months may be excluded). Team members should be able to work together to find solutions to a variety of issues ranging from heating, to roofing, electrical, and plumbing repairs, as well as the outdoor maintenance of the grounds, and also with due consideration of the need for upkeep of the overall appearance. It is a plus for B & G Team members to be willing to volunteer labor on occasion to help save on costs.
It takes significant funds and volunteer teamwork to maintain our building and grounds. Maintaining our house of worship is part of the mission of Hope Presbyterian Church.
Among the duties of B & G are:
- Determining the scope of work to be done and whether or not the team feels the work can be performed by qualified church members or whether it should be posted for bids and contracted out to a qualified contractor.
- Contracting vendors in coordination with the church administrator
- Obtaining bids and making recommendations on projects ranging from electrical wiring, to new roofs, to new furnaces, to building lighting replacement
- Obtaining bids and making recommendations for such services as cleaning, lawn care, and snow removal
- Yearly inspection of building and grounds, reviewing findings and making recommendations on the annual B & G Team Budget
- Long range planning for maintenance and improvement of the building and grounds
Some of the past year's activity included:
- Completing the replacement of three heat and air conditioning units
- Accepting bids and making a recommendation on a new lawn care service
- Obtaining bids and making a recommendation on new indoor building lighting
- Obtaining bids and making a recommendation on significant front side brush removal
- Coordinating two Work Days inviting all member participation
- Coordinating repair service on a water heater for newly re-opening Nursery